Lisa showed us how to make this fabulous pie last weekend in Mammoth. It was so so so good and is a supper yummy mix of berry pie and apple pie together. Lisa was awesome enough to share her recipe. I hope you'll enjoy it! I'm definitely making this again for me, uh... I mean... uh Nathan this week. :)
Also, in addition to making awesome pie, Lisa also makes awesome Android wallpapers, if that's more your speed check them out here. I recommend the rainbow one because it has a unicorn!!1!1!eleven!!
Ok, back to pie now... :)
Start by mixing the flour, cinnamon and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
next peel and dice the apples and mix with blackberries, lemon juice and vanilla
combine the flour mixture with the apple mixture and transfer to a crust lined pie pan.
dot with butter
Cover with top crust and sprinkle the top with Sugar, mmmmmmm....
Cut some slits and pop it in the oven for for 45 min at 425. To be safe we baked it on a baking sheet so that if the pie leaked it wouldn't get the oven all messy.
let it cool (well... at least a little)
Serve up with vanilla ice cream and feel very happy. :)
- Pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie- 2 granny smith apples (or other tart apples)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup sugar (filling) + 1 tablespoon sugar (topping)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Stir together flour, sugar, and cinnamon, and set aside
3. Wash, peel, and slice apples
4. Mix together apples, berries, lemon juice, and vanilla
5. Mix together dry and wet ingredients
6. Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter
7. Cover with top crust, seal the edges, and cut slits in crust
8. Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon sugar
9. Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking
10. Bake 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in crust
Thank you Lisa for this fabulous recipe!
Post a Comment